Friday, July 10, 2009

Welcome to the first day of class

If you're like most Portlanders Americans humans, you don't have adequate resources for mindlessly dropping dough, letting other people cook, entertain and think for you all the time. Maybe you (pretend to?) have just two nickels to rub together, maybe you've got taste and a little ingenuity going for you. If you geek on the good, this might be for you.

If we're being honest, this is also about trade-offs. I tend to forgo the unnecessary so I can get some things organic, local, or natural... at least the ingredients that provide the building blocks for better food. In the verdant Northwest, theres always some good beer, wine, produce, or chow to tempt us. My job allows me the opportunity to demo packaged and unprepared food-n-drink for free or at a discount... and I get abundant peer and public opinions to supplement what I learn. Occasionally, this isn't about just food, it's the pursuit of worthwhile leisure and whatever slack that entails.

This is trial and error, this is learn-from-my-mistakes, this is glorious discovery... this is FUN. I hope.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment